Friday, May 28, 2021

Farewell

 CEIP Nuestra Señora del Patrocinio

I will miss you so!

 A school year of wearing masks, of social distancing, and eating snack in the classroom before going to the patio. Of hand sanitizer and resisting hugs (to the best of our abilities). A year of holding on to as many normalities as we could, when the world around us kept straying from 'normal'. 

Many parts of this school year were very different from any year before, but at the same time, many parts of this year were just how I always hoped they would be. And aren't things always a little different than we expect them to be? Because of this, I have to look back on my time with you all, not with disappointment that your smiles were hidden by masks, but with gratitude that I got to feel them at all! The year smiles were felt not seen! 

I am so sad to be leaving your lovely school but so thankful for the time we have had and the relationships we have built! It was truly a great and rewarding experience to be with you students and work with you, teachers! I hope you all enjoyed practicing your English as much as I enjoyed teaching you! Just as you all hopefully learned a bit about America and California through me, I learned so much about Spain and Sevilla being at your school and living in Sevilla.

Let me share some of the things I got to do this year in your beautiful part of the world! 

One of my favorite things to do in Sevilla was to take lunch to the river.  

The sunsets were so beautiful.

I love your Gaspacho! 

Even with masks, I got to wonder and appreciate the city so much. 

I got covid here, and that was an experience hopefully, the once in a lifetime kind! 

So many beautiful sunsets that took my breath away. 

Plaza de España made visits with the foreigner's embassy not too bad.

I got to draw some of your beautiful buildings! 

And visit the stunning Alcazar. 

After heading home to reconnect with my family and state that I miss so much, I will be returning to Spain in September 2021 to work at another primary school and live in Granada.

Farewell and thank you CEIP Nuestra Señora del Patrocinio !  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell

  CEIP Nuestra Señora del Patrocinio I will miss you so!  A school year of wearing masks, of social distancing, and eating snack in the clas...